QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
The detail for qualification and other criteria for admission is given on Prospectus Page No 24
How do I get admission from overseas... ?
Saidu Medical College has 3 number of Foreign Self Finance Seats , either of Pakistani nationality or of Foreign nationality. In all cases, the applicants must proceed through, Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9
Islamabad, PAKISTAN. Phone: +92-51-9040316
Students eligible for admission on foreign self finance seat would have to pay US$ 6000 Per annum.
Where can I find any further information that I need... ?
Any further information not available on the website can be obtained either by emailing or faxing the college through the email and fax addresses provided on the website, or by letter addressed to:
The Principal, Saidu Medical College Saidu Sharif Swat, Pakistan.
Are there adequate hostel facilities for girls and boys... ?
The students of SMC also come from both abroad and across Pakistan, so hostel facilities are provided for Male and Female students separately in the premises of the college with a capacity of 200 female students and 350 male students.
What is the fee structure for MBBS ?
The fees and subscription given in the prospectus of the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa Medical & Dental Colleges for current Session are payable by all the students of Medical and Dental Colleges from 1st year to Final year class irrespective of their year of admission.Following is the Tuition Fee Schedule:
Nature of seat(s)
(A) Category A (Normal fee paying seats):
- Open Merit seats
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Backward areas
- FATA Seats in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical & Dental colleges
- Federal Reserved Seats for AJK/Northern Areas
- Seats for the Disabled Students
- Minority Seats
- Federal Seats for Overseas Pakistanis of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa origin
- Students under Pakistan Technical Assistance Program and Foreign Nationals. See Detail of Normal Fees in Prospectus on page 43
(B) Category B (Provincial/General Self Finance Seats):
1. For MBBS: 4th and Final Year = Rs. 200,000/- per annum
First year MBBS: Rs.400,000/- per annum
Subsequent years: Rs.400,000/- per annum
(C) Category C (Foreign Self Finance Seats):
MBBS US $. 6,000/- per annum
When is the Academic Session, Entrance Test, Admissions, etc.......?
The college session normally starts in November every year and continues to October next year. The academic courses are usually completed by the end of September. There are two months Winter vacations in January and Febuary , and a one month Summer vacations in July-August. As per policy to shorten the vacation period to avoid undue delay in course completion and prolongation of the session, the vacation schedule may change without any notice posted here.
By late July, the College Prospectus is printed, and applications for admission are invited till second week of August. The Entrance Test is held usually in August and the result is declared overnight. The merit list is posted after a week of the closing dates for admission applications. Candidates have to undergo an interview soon afterwards, usually around mid-September, and the successful candidates are then admitted to the college. Admissions continue from September through October.
Migration from one public sector Medical / Dental college to another in Khyber Pakhtunkhawa will be governed by the following rules & regulations.
- Mutual migration is not allowed.
- Migration from private to public sector medical college is not allowed.
- Migration will only be allowed after passing 1st Professional examination.
- Migration will be allowed only when a vacant seat is available in the total strength of the college as approved by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council.
- Migration will be allowed only when the vacant seat is available in the corresponding class, over all strength of the college.and category of seats in which the student is seeking migration.
- Migration will be allowed on merit among the applicants.
- Both the Principals of the concerned medical colleges must give no objection certificate prior to the final approval by the competent authority.
- While allowing migration, the rules of PMDC must not be violated in any way.
- The migrating students must clear all the dues of the college where he/she remained for more than 6 months.
- The migration fee will be Rs. 50,000 for students who will be seeking migration from institutions with in the province.
- The migration fee will be Rs. 1,00000/- for students migrating from other provinces and abroad.
- The fee will be deposited in the college where migration is sought (recipient college).
For further Information contact PLEASE firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com